- Ham Steak
- Apricot Preserves
- Country Style Mustard
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- 80/20 Blended Oil
What to do:
- Mix apricot preserves and mustard together in a 1:1 ratio and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Slice fat around ham steak about every 1/2 inch to prevent ham from curling.
- Coat ham on both sides with a thin layer of oil.
- Turn on frying pan to high heat and wait until smoke point (FYI-you are not burning the pan. You are just waiting until you see a little smoke rising from the pan, this will tell you the pan is hot enough--if you continue to let it smoke, THEN you will burn the pan).
- Sear one side of the steak for about 3 minutes.
- Flip the ham over to sear for about another 3 minutes.
- Brush an even layer of fruit/mustard mixture over the top to while searing back side.
- Cook ham steak to an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove from heat and let rest about 5 minutes before eating.
Serve with the vegetable of your choice!